Powered by Blogger.

Monday, March 2, 2015

Filled Under: , ,

Movie Review: The Purge Anarchy

Share
Hi everyone, today I'd like to talk about a movie I just watched. I will probably post this a few days from now. The Purge Anarchy is the sequel of the movie The Purge (see my review here). I was honestly quite excited because I liked the first movie. When I saw the trailer for this, I just could not wait to see it. It got me excited because of how different the situation is from the first movie. The first movie was about a family protecting themselves from people outside while inside their home. The second movie is about different people who are simply trying to survive the purge.




Found the movie poster here (Impawards.com)

What is the "Purge"? 
One night every year, all crime is legal, including murder for 12 hours. I believe it starts at 7:00 PM and there are still a few rules people must follow. A few are: Class 4 weapons and lower are allowed to be used and Government Officials ranking 10 and above are granted immunity and must not be harmed. 


The Purge Anarchy is about a man who will be taking part in the purge. He wants to take revenge on the man who killed his son. He stumbles upon a situation where a mother and her daughter are about to be killed by a group of armed men. He saves them and they stumble upon a couple whose car broke when the purge was about to start. They become one group who just wanted to  survive that night. This man was on a mission to seek revenge though, will he be able to complete it?

Haven't seen it? You can watch the trailer below


I was honestly terrified for the people who were in that situation. They were going to be in the middle of a war zone. I'm talking about people who never intended to kill someone to feel cleansed, well almost all of them. 

In my opinion, it was better than the first movie. The whole thing was still a bit terrifying for me because of how this thing could actually come true one day, but I was very excited to watch it. I was generally happy when I finished the movie because it was quite good. I thought it was interesting although it could have been executed better. I thought the script could have been written better as well. 


The main character was played by Frank Grillo. He was this tough man who can't move on from the tragedy of his past. Grillo's performance was superb. I was taken aback by his charisma and broken-man persona. I thought he was perfect for the role. He had these intense moments where I feel as if he has gone through the same experience in real life. 




The other characters were alright. I thought a few of them could have acted out their roles better, but that's just me. I liked the amount of action in the movie. It was gory and thrilling at the same time. In my opinion, the Purge Anarchy was a film that could use a bit of improvement here and there, but all in all it was entertaining and was actually quite thrilling. It is a movie I honestly enjoyed watching and I will probably watch it again if given the chance. I heard there was going to be a third movie and I will definitely watch out for it. 

Despite the imperfections, I'd give this a 4 out of 5 stars! 


~~~SPOILER!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*I had to talk about a little of how heart broken I was when the old man who I think was Eva's dad and Cali's grandfather died. I just feel so bad seeing how he was going to sacrifice himself to give his family money. It could have protected the girls in the future, but it was also stupid. If  Sergeant didn't come along the girls would be dead and his sacrifice will be for nothing. It is so sad how he sacrificed his life to somewhat help his girls escape the claws of poverty. 

Also, I called out the first half of the end! I just knew he wouldn't do it. Basically most movies don't let the main character take revenge, but the whole "the bad guy came and the man he was supposed to kill saved him part"?I didn't see that. Sorry-not-sorry. I was already telling myself "dammit what now". Well, it all worked out in the end anyway. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment