Powered by Blogger.

Friday, February 23, 2018

Filled Under: , , ,

Movie: Should you Watch Along with The Gods?

Share
I just came back from Malaysia recently, and while we were there, we watched this movie called Along with the Gods: The Two Worlds. I truly wanted to watch it as I've heard nothing but good things from friends who have seen it. I was convinced enough to want to watch it with or without anyone accompanying me. 


Along with the Gods: The Two Worlds is about Kim Ja-Hong (Starring Cha Tae-Hyun), a firefighter who lost his life saving a little girl. Together with his three guardians, Gang Rim (starring Ha Jung Wo), Dukchun (starring Kim Hyang Gi), and Haewonmak (starring Ju Ji-Hoon), they try to pass the seven trials of hell, each with a different god before he can be reincarnated. The three guardians try to help him, as when they help 49 paragons to be reincarnated, they can reincarnated themselves as well as choose who they want to be reincarnated as. 

As the movie progresses, you'd learn of the different 'sins' Kim Ja Hong had made and the reasons behind each one. I thought the film was quite thrilling and they were able to insert some humour in it. It was quite a film, as it made my heart go through such a roller coaster ride. I laughed, I felt sentimental, I was excited, I became sad, I became angry, and of course I cried. I'm not kidding when I say I bawled my eyes out at the end. Along with the Gods used a lot of computer generated graphics/visuals, and it wasn't really perfect. There were a lot of things they could have improved, but, all in all it was okay. 

I just have to mention how cool it was to see Haewonmak (starring Ju Ji-Hoon) and Gang Rim (starring Ha Jung Wo) jumping running around flinging their swords and long coats. They definitely looked like guardians to me. It sort of reminded me of Goblin: The Lonely and Great God (Starring Lee Dong Wook and Gong Yoo) when they saved the main female lead. Anyway, it was cool and makes me want to learn about the story behind the guardians. 

After watching the movie, I felt the need to self reflect. My eyes were aching cause I cried a lot. It even looked like it was swelling. It makes you look back upon your life and remember all the things you have done wrong. It makes you appreciate life more. It reminds you to live life to the fullest while trying to be a good person. 

The end of the film hinted a sequel, and I definitely will watch it once it comes out. 

As of 23rd February 2018

Along with the Gods The Two Worlds is my favourite movie
 It is definitely worth the watch. I will start to live better now. 

XOXO- Jaly


2 comments:

  1. Game of Sultans Hack Mod Generator - Generate Free 15K Diamonds for you Platform iOS, Android and Windows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the best husband ever, and I love you for always listening to my raves and rants over what I'm reading.

    ReplyDelete