Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Filled Under: ,

Event: Thaipusam 2018

Share
Hi Everyone, I'm here with a post from my friend today, if you remember her from my last post, Fort Canning Park (Annabelle) 


It was valentines season in 2016 when I arrived here in Singapore. 

Two years had passed and I’m still lost in the city.
I spend my free days at home looking at the ceiling (literally) and browsing fb posts repeatedly. I never had the courage to explore different places alone.

Gladly, my friend Jaly come along. We agreed on doing things in just a glimpse and making it happen the soonest time, unexpectedly. 

One of the exciting things we planned to do is to witness different events being celebrated here in SG.

First event that we have witnessed together is the Thaipusam celebration. It's a festival celebrated by the Tamil community on the full moon in the Tamil month. This 2018, it was celebrated on the 31st of January. 

I was mesmerised seeing the devotees with their Kavadi.

Below are some photos we have taken.

The Ritual



The Kavadi-bearers




The Kavadi-bearer with two container at both ends may contain rice,milk or other articles that the devotee  vowed to offer.


Some devotees pierce their tongues with skewers.




Stay tuned for more upcoming events!

Cheers!
-MEA

2 comments:

  1. Great post! I need to read some of these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks for placing up this post, I feel every person will thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete