Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Filled Under: , , , ,

Event | Food: Make my Magnum

Share
Yesterday, I promised I will be doing another post in connection with the Great British Festival. Well, here it is! The Make your Own Magnum Booth at the Food Section of the The G.B.F. 


I was pretty stoked when I saw this booth. I have a sweet tooth and I've always enjoyed eating Magnum Ice Cream. I also love customizing my food. This was like the perfect booth for me at the event. 


Basically, you'd have to pick out what 3 toppings you like, if you'd like it to be dipped in chocolate or white chocolate and if you want either chocolate or white chocolate for the drizzle.



There were a lot of toppings to choose from. I was a little baffled as to what I wanted for my Magnum. I have a limited number of choices, but I felt like I wanted to make the perfect combination. I have to say though, the girl who made mine was a little rude. I remember asking her if we could also have drizzle because the two ladies in front of us have drizzle on theirs. She then tells me, "Wait - Just Wait"[I'm unsure if she also said something about waiting for my turn]. I normally wouldn't be offended by that, but her tone as she said it to me wasn't really very nice. I remember telling her "Thank you" instead of apologizing because I don't believe I've done anything wrong. I just asked because it might be a choice, whether we want drizzle or not. In my opinion, it was a little disrespectful. Say what you want, but I didn't think asking if we could also have that option was a bad thing. I usually ask staff or employees from different establishments questions, but I was always answered politely. Isn't that part of their training? In my opinion, even if a customer asks a "stupid" question [especially if it was asked politely], then the employees should answer in a polite manner. I just thought the situation could have been handled differently. My experience was honestly tarnished because of this.  I honestly thought her tone, [the way she spoke to me] was a little rude.  As we all know, Customer service is an important factor when operating the business.



Anyway, let's go back to talking about the product itself. My toppings were the almonds, pistachios and the golden nuggets. It was then dipped in chocolate and drizzled with white chocolate. It was really good! The almonds, chocolate and pistachios were really nice together. The only thing I would change is the gold nuggets. I guess it just wasn't the perfect combination. My Magnum was great nevertheless.


This next one is also really good. This is the better combination of the two. The toppings were almonds, pistachios and quezo de bola. The cheese contrasted the sweetness of the white chocolate. If they have another booth like this, I'll probably try these toppings but dipped in chocolate and drizzled with white chocolate.


Overall, it was a pretty good experience. I did not enjoy the service, but the product was amazing. I'll probably try it out again. Hopefully by then the staff would be different. I'd recommend this to everyone who enjoy customizing their food. You can get this for 100 pesos. It's not too expensive just because the ones they do have in stores are priced at 55 - 60 pesos? I thought adding that additional 40-45 pesos was worth the experience. 

P.S. I didn't write about their female employee because I want her fired or anything, I just wanted to write the whole experience. The service was part of the experience. I guess I'd also like this to serve as a reminder that different people have different reactions and perception regarding tone, facial expressions and use of words. I felt a little disrespected. That's it.

Anyway, enough of that! Thanks for reading! 

Do you have a dog? Is he/she picky with food? Stay tuned for my next post. I'll be talking about a canned dog food my picky toy poodle loves. I'll have it posted either tonight or tomorrow. 

Hugs
~J

0 comments:

Post a Comment