Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Filled Under: , , , , ,

Book Review: Raw by Belle Aurora

Share
~1st Person POV

I haven't been able to blog recently because I've been studying for my midterm examinations and I've been doing projects and papers that were to be submitted before and after the exams. I have just been through hell week and I finally get to log again. Yay! So anyway, since yesterday, I've been in a rut. Have you ever felt like you can't find a book that piques your interest? Like when you look at the books on goodreads or amazon, you can't find something that makes you want to stop everything and read it? hat is what I've been feeling. I started this book not really sure if I should finish it, but boy am I happy I did. On that, let's start with:

***Author Note: This is not a love story. This is a story of love gone wrong.*** 

When I read it, I did not at all listen. I think somewhere deep inside I know the book will be filled with pain and angst and I wanted it. I haven't been feeling the need to read and I thought that maybe if I read another angst filled book I would find my "mojo" again. Well, I guess I sort of have it back. I'm halfway back to the girl who wants to read all day and all night.


Synopsis from Amazon:
Growing up the way I did, you’d think I’d be more screwed up than what I actually am. 
Soon as I turned sixteen, I left that bump in the road I called home and took my chances on the street. 
Best decision I ever made. 
Now, at the age of twenty six, I’m educated, employed and damn good at my job. 
My friends have become my family. Like me, they know what it’s like to grow up unloved. 
But the saying is true. 
The world makes way for those who know where they are going. 
That’s me. 
I know where I’m going and I’ll get there eventually. On my own terms and at my own pace. 
But then there’s him. 
I feel his eyes on me. I see him hiding in plain sight. He watches me. 
He makes me feel. 
It’s unconventional. 
But it’s real. 

I’m sure you’re wondering how a person falls in love with their stalker. 
So am I. 

This isn’t a story. 

This is my life. 

When I read this synopsis I thought I'll be reading the book from the hero's point of view.  It started from the heroine's POV, but somewhere in the middle till the end it showed both of their POVs.

I started the book with a smile. I was excited to get my dose of drama. There is stalking involved and I felt like I was about to read about a good girl falls in love with the handsome bad boy stalker. There is that hint where you think that hey he seems nice and harmless enough, especially since he doesn't really do anything. He's just always there watching. It made me feel like he was there because he wants to ask the girl out but he thinks she'll either say no or think that he isn't good enough. The whole stalker follows girl thing kind of reminded me of Leo by Mia Sheridan. This book was different though. When I kept reading, it made me feel like "oh something bad will happen soon, I can practically smell it" and I was right.

Our heroine Alexa is a beautiful social worker who is passionate about her work. I applauded how she loved her work and how she treats her "kids" with some sort of love. I respect her for helping the kids out. I did not like her in a lot of the scenes where she just allows herself to be manipulated by out bad boy hero. So with that, let's just talk about Twitch. He's now part of my bad boy collection! He's intense, he's controlling, he's manipulative, he's just so raw I feel sorry for Alexa a lot of times. There were moments where I don't know if I should like him or hate him. There were also moments where I feel sorry for him, although take note, he hates being labeled and like any man would, he hates being pitied.

I squirmed a lot of times, during the sex scenes. I just felt uncomfortable...


****SPOILER***** 
when he wraps his belt around her neck like a dog. She was into it too! There was a time where she said she missed the belt! I couldn't really believe it. I can get the parts where she felt turned on by a little pain and that, but the belt? It really turned me off. 




****CONTINUE HERE*********
It wasn't my cup of tea. I did not feel their connection as much as I wanted to, but there really is something about them I kept wanting to reading about, that feeling you get when you want to see something more happen. You want to see something happen that will give you that connection, that feeling where you think that, hey they really are right for each other. Somewhere near the end though, I got it. Just when I thought it was becoming hopeless, I felt it. The hero had me believing in him, rooting for him to be better for her. I really liked Twitch, he showed some qualities I didn't think he'd have. He got my wheels turning from the point of no return. I love those type of bad boys. Just when you think they're hopeless, they show you something that makes you believe in them.

I was about to finish the book, when I started crying. I felt intense pain, and I just couldn't help but cry. I was hurting for them. I felt oh so happy I got my angst, and I also felt like cr*p for all the pain the book put me through. I did not see it coming to an end that way and I loved it. I only wish there was a sequel because I think there unfinished questions. There were things I wanted to know about, and if right now, the author doesn't plan on writing the sequel, then I feel like I just have to make something up in my mind to satisfy myself. Don't get me wrong, after reading the book, I felt satisfied that it didn't end the way I thought it would. I felt satisfied enough to not want to read another book for a bit, just because it was really good and I don't know what book to follow it with. I didn't want to read  something and feel like it's not a "good enough" book because it followed one which was really great. Does that make sense?

Anyway, this book was unique and I enjoyed reading it, even though there were moments where I felt like I had to put it down because I was too annoyed at something. I put it down a few times for a few seconds and continued reading till I finished it around 2 AM.

★★★★½ ~~~~~ 4.5 Stars!

I want to give it 5 stars, but there were some things I did not like. It's still a great read that should make its way to your TBR list! ~xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment