Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Filled Under: , , , , ,

Book review: Night Owl by M. Pierce

Share
Night Owl [#1 The Night Owl Trilogy]
~First Person POV [dual]

It was a fun read and I found myself reading the whole thing in a few hours. It has that similar feel to Christian Grey from Fifty Shades of Grey, but Matt over here holds his own fort. He has a very dirty mouth *winks*. There are definitely very steamy scenes. I'd warn you though if you don't like reading things with bondage and stuff like that.


Let me start by saying wow! I had a lot of assumptions about how the story will progress, but I was surprised when it wasn't the case. I enjoyed how the story progressed and the realistic feel it entailed. 

Let me share the synopsis since it's short and gives you just enough to see the situation.

"At twenty-eight, Matt Sky has the perfect life. He has a beautiful girlfriend, a massive inheritance, and four national bestsellers -- all penned under his airtight alias, M. Pierce.

At twenty-seven, Hannah Catalano has a train wreck. Her boyfriend is a deadbeat and her job is abysmal.

Matt and Hannah meet online as writing partners. Their relationship is safe, anonymous, and innocent...

Until Matt sees a picture of Hannah.Hannah's picture sparks an attraction Matt is powerless to ignore. When circumstance brings Matt and Hannah together, the strangers begin a love story that's passionate, poignant, unforgettable, and unstoppable."

Matt has a girlfriend, whom I wish I heard more about, I don't know maybe the author would give her a few more situations in the second and third books[?]. I enjoy a good ex-girlfriend shows up and tries to rue the day. Anyway, he finds himself attracted to Hannah whom he met online. They are writing partners and Matt has a lot of rules to keep their identities private. She accidentally emails him using her main account, which has her photo. Boom~ Sparks,Attraction. You see how the story goes. 

Hannah on the other hand keeps on divulging information about herself to him. She even gave him her address! I don't really wanna give a lot of spoilers, but there are just some things that ~ugh! I enjoy sharing about.

Good for Hannah, she finally leaves her deadbeat boyfriend! Looks like Matt over here finally gave her that push to leave the deadbeat and her crappy job. She's back to her parent's place, but hey, she needs to start somewhere. I enjoyed reading her thoughts. First, because she was not overly insecure. I see how there are tons of books that portray the heroine as beautiful but very insecure that it gets annoying sometimes. I get that they would have second thoughts about themselves because of the oh so hot guy who makes their jaws drop, but I wish some books don't make the heroine's confidence and self esteem as weak as a twig. Hannah was just enough. I can see her as someone who really is in love. I believe her thoughts and the way she sees things.

Matt on the other hand holds my interest. Again M. Pierce created  believable character. His dirty mouth! I was annoyed of him at times and I rolled my eyes at how demanding he gets, but he has these really cute moments where you just fall for him[in a way]. I just love how he has this cute bunny! A grown man a bunny! He's not the generic super-hot-guy-who-has-this-big-ego-and-thinks-he-owns-the-world kind. He is anti-social and gets very anxious. Let's just say I like how imperfect he was made. 

The pacing was just right. The story gave me just enough of each scene. It didn't give me that "angsty-feel" since I enjoy torturing myself with books that just give you so much angst. It has it's painful moments, don't get me wrong, Matt made me feel all sad and it almost made me cry, but that was it, it almost made cry. I give Hannah here two thumbs up for putting up with what happened to Matt, and I'll give Matt a big hug, just cause I really liked him. Especially with the love for animals, including a stuffed toy *squeels*

★★★½ ~~~~~ 4.5 Stars

P.S. The epilogue has quite a cliffhanger, so this is me warning you if you can't stand a cliffie. I had to go for it though since I was already 

xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment