Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Filled Under: , , , ,

Book Review: Charade by Nyrae Dawn

Share
Charade [Games Series Book 1]
~1st Person POV

It was a really good book. I've read it before and I recently reread it before I continued with book 2 of the series. The book didn't really get as much attention as it did for me before, but it still managed to make me shed a few tears.


Synopsis from Amazon:
"Nineteen-year-old Cheyenne tries to portray the perfect life to mask the memories of her past. Walking in on her boyfriend with another woman her freshman year in college threatens that picture of perfection. 

Twenty-one-year-old Colt never wanted college and never expected to amount to anything, but when his mom's dying wish is for him to get his degree, he has no choice but to pretend it's what he wants too. 

Cheyenne needs a fake boyfriend to get back at her ex and Colt needs cash to take care of his mom, so they strike a deal that helps them both. But what if Cheyenne’s past isn’t what she thought? Soon they’re trading one charade for another—losing themselves in each other to forget about their pain. The more they play their game, the more it becomes the only thing they have that feels real.

Both Cheyenne and Colt know life is never easy, but neither of them expect the tragedy that threatens to end their charade and rip them apart forever."

When I started reading this book, I was a few pages in and I instantly found it interesting. Cheyenne finds out his boyfriend[now ex-boyfriend], Gregory was cheating on her on her freshman year in college. Worse than finding out he's been doing it for a long time, she finds herself without actual friends since they only knew her through her cheating ex.I liked how it started with her seeing Gregory in bed with another woman because it would instantly intrigue you. I asked myself the first time I read it, what the hell will she do? What will happen now? I kept reading. I also kept finding reasons to keep reading. I think the alternating POVs of the hero and heroine helped with it. They were both battling their demons and it was interesting to see how the other mind thinks and sees the situation at hand. I thought the whole charade kept the book interesting in the start and even though I knew at some point it would make them actually be together, I still wondered where it was going and how far it would go.

Cheyenne was an okay heroine. She showed some bravery and strength, which are my favorite traits for the heroines. There were some moments that I thought were a bit annoying. I found myself either sighing, rolling my eyes or furrowing my brows a few times. Then again, it may just be me. Don't get me wrong, I do like Cheyenne, but I don't love her. She was a good character and I want to read more of her thoughts.

On the other hand, I love Colt! His love for his mom just breaks my heart. He's this 'bad-ish' boy who has a golden heart, but needs to see it. His POV made me cry the first time I read the book and shed a few more tears the second time. Oh how I love reading about his struggles. He's doing everything he can and it breaks my heart to read his thoughts. The author did a splendid job on him. He had a few outbursts and no one could blame him. I felt this character more than Cheyenne. I have to say though that I think they really do fit together.

I just have to stress out one of the things this book taught me: Cherish your parents. I had goosebumps near the end and I just cried. The way it was written, I felt like I was in pain like Colt and Cheyenne. I honestly felt it and I loved it. I found out this author should be part of your 'Authors to watch out for' lists!

★★★★ ~~~ 4 Stars!

The next book is about another character. I'll try to put up the book review soon. ~xo

1 comments:

  1. Welcome to ARK Survival Evolved Mobile Hack Online Generator Ancient Amber FREE.

    ReplyDelete