Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Filled Under: , , , ,

Book Review: Paper Towns by John Green

Share
Hi y'all!

From Amazon
It's been a while since I've last written a book review, I know. No worries, I'm here now. I've picked up my reading habits after reading this book. I've had it in my TBR list for a while. I didn't really have time to read books because of school. I had too many things going on to stop, relax and read a nice book. Midterms week just ended when I decided to pick this one up. I started reading it and I just couldn't stop. This is basically my favorite John Green book.

Synopsis from Amazon:
"When Margo Roth Spiegelman beckons Quentin Jacobsen in the middle of the night—dressed like a ninja and plotting an ingenious campaign of revenge—he follows her. Margo’s always planned extravagantly, and, until now, she’s always planned solo. After a lifetime of loving Margo from afar, things are finally looking up for Q . . . until day breaks and she has vanished. Always an enigma, Margo has now become a mystery. But there are clues. And they’re for Q."

Logan Lerman as Quentin
Zoey Deutch as Margo

The book was well written. I love how John Green writes. I am very impressed with the characters. Margo is a very intelligent young lady. Her plans are well made and clever. Quentin was also quite clever. He stepped up his game and was able to look for clues and look at the situation in Margo's angle.


The book took me back to high school. I have relived my high school years! I have to say how much I enjoyed imagining the story from Quentin's perspective. Actually, I enjoyed reading the whole book. It was cleverly written and had me scratching my head. I was so scared for Quentin. I was so curious about what happened to Margo. I had hope, I lost hope, I experienced emotional pain with Quentin and I was okay again. Talk about a roller coaster ride.

I was deeply moved by the story. I think at one point of our lives, we all become little paper dolls living in our little paper towns. It made me remember the importance of being me. I did not use "realize" because I already know the importance of being yourself. I guess I just forget it sometimes. We live in a world that is superficial. Money and Power become the main thing that drives a lot of people. These two things sometimes become the focus of our lives. We study to get a good job, we get a good job, so we can get good money, we get good money to buy everything we want and we buy everything to make us happy. I think the question here is if this same old routine is the secret to happiness.

As a teen, I am sometimes guilty of being in a hurry to grow up. I want to finish college soon and start working. I sometimes forget to live my "now". You only live once right? Well, my professor said it will be better if it is "You Only Live Today". After reading the story, I can say that we really only live today.

I have really enjoyed the book and I recommend it to everyone who would like a nice inspirational book. It had me looking at society in a different way. It's a breathe of fresh air compared to what I usually read, which are mostly Contemporary Romance books. The feels the book gave me was simply amazing! I have so many things I'd like to share, but now that I am actually writing, I am having a hard time telling you about it one by one. In short, the book is amazing, brilliant and entertaining. You need to go buy it and read it now, if you haven't already.

John Green is a very smart man who as usual, makes the readers see the whole picture and not focus on the main story itself. The book allowed me to relive memories, remember the importance of life and
focus on the present.

This definitely gets 5 Stars !


0 comments:

Post a Comment