Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Filled Under: , , , ,

Book Review: Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover

Share

Hello everyone. I've recently read a book that easily gets 5 stars from me. Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover is absolutely amazing. I was blown away by the two main characters. I just had to share this one with everyone. Perhaps its because I keep on looking for amazing books but this is a second five-star read for this week. I just have to say that after I read the synopsis, I just had to get my hands on it. I have always enjoyed reading books that are filled with angst. I like how books are able to make my heart ache with the characters, as well as make my heart skip a beat when they are all filled with joy. This book screams angst!

From Goodreads

Synopsis from Amazon:
"When Tate Collins meets airline pilot Miles Archer, she doesn't think it's love at first sight. They wouldn’t even go so far as to consider themselves friends. The only thing Tate and Miles have in common is an undeniable mutual attraction. Once their desires are out in the open, they realize they have the perfect set-up. He doesn’t want love, she doesn’t have time for love, so that just leaves the sex. Their arrangement could be surprisingly seamless, as long as Tate can stick to the only two rules Miles has for her.

Never ask about the past. 
Don’t expect a future.

They think they can handle it, but realize almost immediately they can’t handle it at all.

Hearts get infiltrated. 
Promises get broken. 
Rules get shattered.
Love gets ugly."

I was so enthralled in the book. Don't look for spoilers! Just read it yourself. I just had to get a breather in the middle of the book. It was so painful to see what happened to Tate. It may not be as 'angsty' as I expected, but it did give quite a heartache for both the characters. I enjoy looking for or thinking of how the characters look. The ones below are the ones in my mind when I read the book. I have Chris as Miles because I believe he had this look that sort of shows authority. Julia as Tate, because she has this soft elegant look that would be perfect for the role. 
Chris Hemsworth as Miles and Julia Kuzmenko as Tate
Link where I found the photos on their names
I LOVE the book. I was completely engrossed in the book. I had to stop reading it for a while though because I was so mad at one of the characters. Don't get me wrong, the book was amazingly beautiful as well. It shows both the ugly and beautiful aspects of love, which I really like. It was able to share crucial moments of happiness and sadness for you to understand what the characters are going through. I want to share spoilers and my thoughts on some of my favorite parts, but it WILL ruin the book for you. Do go and get it. I doubt you'd regret it.

"Love isn't always pretty, Tate. Sometimes you spend all your time hoping it'll eventually be something different. Something better."

I just had to share that line! *squee

I already said it. Easy 5 Stars read!


0 comments:

Post a Comment