Powered by Blogger.

Monday, July 28, 2014

Filled Under: , ,

Movie Review: Panic Room

Share
Hi everyone!

In this post, I'd like to talk about The Panic Room. It is a movie my grandmother insisted on watching. I haven't seen it before, but my grandma has and she just wanted to see it again. I obliged. Kristen Stewart was in this movie and she was just a teen back then.


Basically, the movie is about a woman and her daughter being trapped inside a "panic room" when three men break in their newly acquired house. Where is daddy dearest to protect the family you ask? Well, the couple were in the middle of their divorce. The mother, Meg Altman (Jodie Foster) and her daughter, Sarah Altman (Kristen Stewart) will be spending their first night in Manhattan when it all happened. The question here is, Who is the better strategist? Who will outwit the other?



I have to say, I enjoyed the movie.It wasn't too dull that I got bored and relied on my snacks to keep awake and it wasn't too exciting that it kept me on my toes the whole way. This movie was published back in 2002, so of course the gadgets and gizmos back then weren't too impressive. As you can see from the photo above, they were inside a room that had CCTV monitors, which allowed them to see everything happening in the house.



I enjoyed watching the part where the three bad men/burglars tried to get inside their panic room. I don't want to give specific details. I don't want to give spoilers because it will ruin the movie. I'd have to applaud the people behind the movie for their thrill inducing slow motion scenes. They honestly got me all worked up in that one scene. If you want to know what I am talking about, do watch the movie. I was also deeply touched by the mother's actions to protect her child. I'd have to give the cast additional points for being quite believable. I was either touched or angered by the cast. I noted it for it actually made me feel something for the characters. I was rooting for Meg and Sarah while I wanted to bring down the three men.

I think what thrilled me most about the movie is how real it is. A burglar breaking houses happen a lot. No matter what country you are in, it happens everywhere. The thing is, do you have a panic/safe room to hide in when they plan on hurting you? The movie depicts a scenario that will leave you a little bit of doubt before you sleep at night. I know it got me a little bit worried about the possibilities of a burglar breaking in at night

Overall, the movie was great. It had just enough thrill to keep me watching. It had scenes that were very thrill-inducing and ones that allowed me to be laid back. There were a few twists in the movie, which were nice and fitting. I think it is worth watching and I would recommend the movie to everyone looking for something good to watch.

I would have to give it 4 out of 5 Stars! ~~~~ 

0 comments:

Post a Comment